from 'kin' meaning family.
The initial idea for Kiin Baby was sparked in 2017 when Rose was pregnant with her first daughter, Hazel. In trying to prepare her own nursery she dreamed up products that she herself wanted, particularly in gender neutral designs and styles, inspired by the earth. Hazel was soon born, and Rose continued to build on her ideas slowly whilst adjusting to life as a new mother.
With a background in graphic design & photography, along with the support of her own business savvy mother Merrill, over a year and a half was spent developing the brand. Designing, researching manufacturers & suppliers, having samples made and finessed, before finally launching the online boutique at the beginning of 2019, and releasing the first collection of products which consisted of muslin swaddles & moses baskets.
With an all-female staff of just 5; focusing on their products quality - made to love, and last. They pride ourselves on taking inspiration from the natural world whilst striving to have minimal impact on it.
They are a small family-owned business, located on the sunny Central Coast of New South Wales, Australia. They acknowledge the Darkinjung people as Traditional Custodians of the land.
Ways in which they are striving to minimize their footprint:
- Their products are sourced with a focus on natural materials.
- Kiin's product packaging is designed to be very minimal, simple & recyclable, using recycled kraft cardboard, which is intended to be again recycled!
- All of their mail packaging is eco friendly; their mail satchels are 100% compostable (Supplied by Better Packaging Co.) They use eco-friendly tissue paper (Supplied by No Issue) and they use eco cardboard boxes.
- They reuse and recycle at every opportunity they can! They often reuse bubble wrap/packaging & cardboard boxes that arrive to us with any of their incoming business purchases, and if they can’t reuse them, they recycle them (where possible).
Ways in which they give back:
- Ongoing monthly donations to Starlight Children's Foundation
- Ongoing monthly donations to Top End Women's Legal Service
Shop all Kiin Baby