Circle Under Berry
- $5 economy shipping WA, OR, ID, CA, MT. $8 rest of US. Free US shipping for orders over $75!
- Free gift wrap and messaging with every order.
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
With an elegant and simple approach, this thought-provoking concept book shows young readers that everything in the world can be seen from infinite perspectives.
Each page compares colors, shapes, and objects in relation to each other. A triangle that is over a square is also under a circle. A circle that is pink also might be a flower.
The artful, playful combinations of simple concepts and Higgins's rhythmic writing and expert arrangement of objects on the page make this book a perfect read-aloud, capable of entertaining, educating, and challenging readers in equal measure.
There are multiple ways to read the book, allowing it to work for several ages and reading levels at once. The educational value and sheer fun packed into this book's language and visual design will make it a huge hit with educators and librarians, new parents, and creative kids who are visual learners.
This striking, delightfully different exploration of shape, color, and patterns redefines what a picture book can be. Read it once, read it ten times. See something new every time.
A GREAT INTRODUCTION TO MANY DIFFERENT CONCEPTS: This book's focus on color, shapes, objects, and relative words like "over," "under," and "next to" make this the perfect introduction to basic concepts of all kinds. Rather than traditional concept books that focus on only one idea, this book combines its teaching approach, helping young readers learn more than one concept at once by showing how they relate to each other.
- A DYNAMIC LEARNING EXPERIENCE: The unusual combination of colors, shapes, and animals intelligently introduces young readers to patterns, classification, and problem-solving. The imaginative language of this book, rich with rhythmic phrasing and a tongue twister-like playfulness, creates a soothing read-aloud text that engages young children with questions and encourages audience participation.
- PERFECT FOR ANY KIND OF EDUCATION: With a variety of concepts, clear read-aloud qualities, and the many different ways this book engages different styles of learning, this book is ideal for librarians, educators, and anyone creating reading events in their communities.
- BELOVED AUTHOR: Carter Higgins is not only the author of many acclaimed books for children such as Everything You Need to Build a Treehouse, This Is Not a Valentine, and Bikes for Sale, she's also a seasoned school librarian who's spent many years working with children. Her love of kids—and her passion for teaching—shines throughout this book.
- EASY ART PROJECT INSPIRATION: Having honed her art skills as an elementary librarian, Carter Higgins makes her own debut as an illustrator for this book with simple, appealing collages. Kids will love making their own art projects inspired by the illustrations in this book.
- BRIGHT, EYE-CATCHING ART: The simple shapes and lively colors are designed to appeal to young children. Read this if your children enjoy Hervé Tullet's Press Here or Bill Martin Jr.'s Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.